Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Baby bird

Came across this blog today and the quote at the top is appropriate for my life today.

"Beginnings are scary, endings are usually sad, but it's the middle that counts most." ~Hope Floats

I had a dream last night that I drove by an orphan baby on a gravel road with flies on its nose and face.  Thankfully, I screeched to a halt and with bear-like aggression in my eyes, I warded off the predators with my innate fierceness to protect the vulnerable. 

There are so many vulnerable children in our world.  
This woman is doing something about it.



Then I woke up.  I took the dogs outside and they killed a baby bird.  Intestines hanging out and everything.  I had to shovel it up and throw it over the fence in the burial grounds.  But first, I had to stand-by and watch it die. It couldn't come quick enough.

In regard to the quote above, I have to remind myself of the hope that God gives, which does not disappoint (Romans 5:5).  He is our Alpha and our Omega.  Beginning and our end.  The creation named, Delissa, is snug in the middle of that.  Potter's clay.  Being worked into glory.  Lord, be pleased to quicken me.  Be pleased to stand by and watch me fade away.  Be pleased to watch me die to self.  This baby bird wants to fly.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...