Thursday, September 13, 2012

Queenship



                                      The Accolade by Edmund Blair Leighton


Ponderings:

If I want to be treated like a queen; I must first act like one. hmmm

If I am confident (key) in who God created me to be, as in this definition...

Queen:  a goddess or a thing personified as female and having supremacy* in a specified realm

Perhaps, then I will awaken honor in the king, who is most gracious and inexhaustible in his efforts, by treating me as this definition suggests...

Queen:  the most privileged piece of each color in a set of chessmen having the power to move in any direction across any number of unoccupied squares

*(not above or below men, but equal in importance in God's realm)

Tisk, tisk that I ever demanded it, without first placing something authentic in front of a man to honor.  It's not that men won't honor you best they can, but generally I wonder if they've just been distracted.  I wonder if they're busy staring down at their blood-stained hands watching this wildly, beautiful heart they've been handed and feeling the pressure of not knowing the first thing about what to do with it.  Do you blame them?  That's a God job!

Women, if you throw your heart at a man and expect him to know what to do with it, you have also given away your confidence.  I think we are doing better, but still confused as to what it looks like to walk with a man and remain whole.  There have been some strong messages sent to women along the lines of "offering your heart" is "unveiling your beauty."   But what we've heard is "give him your heart."  Instead, give him a glimpse of your heart's confidence in God and see what happens.

Politely take your heart back and apologize daintily for the mishap...then go to God and place it back under His authority.  No man can ever do with your heart what God can.  Oopsie daisy!!  Sorry guys.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...