Friday, August 17, 2012

Work It!

"Prostitutes are in no danger of finding their present life so satisfactory that they cannot turn to God: the proud, the avaricious, the self-righteous, are in that danger." 
— C.S. Lewis 

I know I fall in at least 2 of those 3 categories Lewis lists. At times, all 3 I imagine. I might be better off outright prostituting. Lord knows I sell myself in so many other ways. 

I am friends with a lot of prostitutes. Like sister friends. We'll be riding in the car and they'll talk about "tricks" like it is an everyday sort of topic. I have to do one more trick to pay the electricity or to get school supplies or whatever it is.


My point is, it's just really natural to them. And I love that they let me into their lives. Even if we have just met, they are often transparent pretty soon into the relationship. I love that they love me enough to be real. A wonderful gesture of loyalty and trust.

And you know what, they accept this "church lady" right where she is, too. So when I talk about Jesus, they love me back the same. Even when I "trick" myself and think I'm doing an ok job that day with pride or whatever other sin I'm dealing with.

I wouldn't change my life for the world. And I certainly don't want to change them. They've taught me everything I know. And that is...I know nothing. But Luv does.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...