Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Resurrect Me

Today has been weighty in so many ways.  Why?  Because without God my focus becomes so narrow, bleak and highly uninteresting, which equals prison.  So tonight I come home to the Word of God that feeds my hunger that there is more to this existence.  And not in a booger-eater kindergarten sort of way, but more to the effect that we are floating on a rock in an expanding universe and can have an intimate relationship with Creator of said universe sort of way.  Don't make me name the ways in which I tried bridging the gap in my own power.  Nothing satisfies like Christ.  But then again, Christ has to come with revelation.  Anyhoo, I came home and opened my Bible to 1 Corinthians 15 and here are the things that stood out:

  • you have taken your stand
  • hold firm or else it is in vain that you believe
  • some have fallen asleep
  • by the grace of God I am what I am
  • if Christ has not been raised, my faith is futile
The end.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...