Tuesday, January 19, 2010

By one Spirit in one Body- given one Spirit to drink

A large part of my day is spent in a place that just doesn't make a whole lot of spiritual sense to me.
It's almost* as if Christ is shelved;
and God won't let me alone about it.
Those that have claimed Christ far outnumber those that don't and the darkness of it all eats at me.
I'm learning to use my spiritual fog-lamps, though.
He is allowing me to peer through the muck and into the clearing.

This week the Spirit has been fanning my flame.

First, The Complete Green Letters book was placed in my chair on Monday morning.  This somewhat obscure book has been a great companion to me over the last few years unbeknownst to the person that placed it there.  God knew this would speak to me and give me the courage to do something He has been waiting on me to do for a very long time.  It was an amazing connect the dots moment. 

Then, today I had a spiritual conversation that was so precious to me.  A person has been struggling with some very, very difficult life issues and none of us had a clue.  I was so happy to be used by the Spirit and it served to build up my faith further.

God is asking to do some mighty scary things. I so want to be back in the place I used to be when I could firmly say that I had no real fears.  Soon.  I sense my prison walls crumbling!

Last night I fixed my eyes on 1 Corinthians 12

Here are the take a ways God illuminated for me: 
  • But in fact God has arranged the parts of the body, every one of them, just as He wanted them to be.
  • those parts of the Body that seem to be weaker are indespinsable
  • AND the parts of the Body that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor
  • AND the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty
  • Its parts should have equal concern for each other

You are one great God!!!



*(my use of this word denotes fear..blah!)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...