Friday, January 1, 2010

New what and I am who?

Wanted to share these 7 questions from my pastor's blog:


Seven Questions to Answer
To Kick Start 2010

Sometimes questions are more important than answers.  Questions open up possibilities and challenge boundaries.  Over the next few days, let’s explore questions that may open the door of the New Year to be better prepared to get a running start in a good direction.

         1.      Above everything else, what do you believe that the Lord wants you to BE this year?


(Phil 3:13-14 ESV) Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it your own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”
The reason that you need to focus on this question is that there is nothing more important than living in God’s will.  How can you know God’s will?  Focus on what kind of person God wants you to be instead of what He wants you to do.  When what you believe changes who you are then you will do the right things.  Write a list of characteristics that should describe your life.  For example, “God wants me to be faithful to Him, humble, and to be a servant to others.”   Make a list of three things that you know God wants you to be in 2010.  Don’t take the easy way out.  Pick three that will challenge you and require a lifestyle change
         2.      What is your single greatest strength?


(Jer 1:5 NASB)  “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations.”


(1 Cor 12:11 NASB)  “But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually just as He wills.”
           
Many people focus on strengthening their weaknesses.  That’s fine but I believe that we must concentrate on strengthening our strengths.  I’m terrible at math; that is just the way that it has always been.  However, I’m pretty good at language.  That is the way that God made me.  In order for me to cooperate with His design, I need to sharpen the gifts that I’ve been given.  In 2010, I would like to focus on preaching better sermons and communicating the gospel more clearly.  I need to consider how to improve my strengths.  What can I do in 2010 to make the most of what God has given me?   

3.      What is the single biggest time-waster that you do?

4.      What one spiritual discipline (prayer, Bible study, serving, sacrificial giving, etc) do you need to improve?
 

5.      What humanly impossible yet needed thing is there in your life for you to trust God to solve?
 

6.      How can you save more money this year?
  

7.      What one person needs your encouragement the most this year. 

Spend some time in the next few days to consider your answers and ask God to show you how to make the most out of 2010.  We begin a new page in the journal of our lives as we enter a new year.  Pray for God to give you strength, grace, and wisdom.  Happy New Year. Hag 1:5 (ESV)
5Now, therefore, thus says the Lord of hosts: Consider your ways.




2 Peter 3:18
Dennis 


Spend some time praying about your answers.  After the seventh question, we will connect your answers and make a plan for 2010. 




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...